How to improve your English
- Go to the cinema. There won’t be any subtitles so you’ll need to concentrate that bit harder when listening.
- Read (paper) junk mail. This literature has lots of very common everyday words and expressions.
- Try to talk to as many people as possible, whether you are in a shop, at the pub, with your host family, at a party, asking for directions etc.
- Watch the news on TV, on the Internet or listen to it on the radio. Knowing what is happening around you will always help with your English.
- Visit places of interest, whether they be museums, galleries, parks, or other places of cultural interest.
- If you have the time, visit other parts of the country so that you come across different accents.